Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jillian's Surgery

Today was Jillian's surgery. Let me start off by saying she is doing very well. If you didn't know she had surgery today, you would never guess it. She is acting like her normal self. It is amazing to see her tongue come all the way out of her mouth. I am so happy for her. :)

Her surgery was at 8:30 this morning. We had to be to the outpatient center by 7:15. So needless to say it was an early morning. Jillian was a trooper the entire morning. I think she really just enjoyed the one on one time with Mommy and Daddy. They took us back to our little room and we had to dress Jillian in a hospital gown. It was at this point when I started to cry. Not Jillian, but ME! As you can see she was very happy..

All of there were before surgery...

The nurse came in and walked us through the procedure and told us exactly what to expect. At this point I was very nervous and sad for Jillian (crying like a baby, again ME not Jillian). As the nurse started to leave she handed us a wavier explaining all the complications that can come from being under anesthesia. Some of the complications listed were paralysis, permanent nerve damage and even death. She informed me the anesthesiologist would be in to talk to us about his part of the surgery. So at this point I am doing everything I can to contain my fears/tears and be brave for Jillian. When the anesthesiologist came in and I was sitting just like this...
Jillian was hiding behind me because we were playing a game. He thought the baby on my lap was Jillian, and he was NOT joking. This did not calm my nerves AT ALL. When they finally came and took her they carried her into the operating room. This made me feel a little bit better. I was worried about seeing her rolled away in that bed. She didn't cry when she left us at all and they even let her take her baby with her. The doctor was back out in about 7 minutes (the longest 7 minutes ever). He said everything went perfect. We were released about 20 minutes later. She came back to us a little out of it, but she was happy just laying on Daddy and drinking her apple juice. She slept most of the way home from the surgery center. Now she is just happy as can be. She is doing a lot better than I would have expected, and I am glad to have this behind us.

snuggling with Daddy just after the surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment